Some Xbox One users are complaining about how they can’t take part in any Roblox games on their console. When this error occurs, you will receive a message “The Roblox game you are trying to join is currently not available (Error Code: 103)”. Most users report that they don’t have these issues on a PC even when they use the same account. Unless the issue is from your Xbox One, then you can easily fix this. In other cases, you can get a new Xbox one with coupons and discount codes on special occasions here.
There are actually many things that can cause the error code – 103 with Roblox on Xbox One. Let’s take a look at some reasons.
What causes Error Code 103?
Date of Birth:
Xbox One has the policy to protect child accounts. So if you log in with an account in which the DOB is under 13 years old, you cannot join user-created worlds unless you adjust the privacy. To fix this issue, you just need to sign up with a new Roblox account with a DOB over 13 years old.
“Content from other people” is invalid:
if you only have this problem when you use a child account, maybe you are blocked by other people. In this situation, you can avoid it by signing in the parent account and allow your child account to get access to the content you want.
You may have this issue if the ports used by Roblox are not being forward the right way. If you have this problem, you can fix it by allowing UPnP inside your router settings or by forwarding the ports used by Roblox manually.
The original cause of this problem is that the files used temporarily by your OS. To fix this issue, you should do a power cycling procedure and remove the temp folder along with the power capacitors.
Bad game installation:
Sometimes this error occurs because of a bad game installation. In this situation, you just need to delete the game and every add-on and install it all again.
How to fix “Error Code 103”?
Create a new Roblox account
If you have an issue with DOB, then this method is going to work for you. Since Xbox has a policy that will prevent child accounts from getting access to certain things, you need to create a new account to fix this problem. Remember to create a new account with a date of birth of over 18 years old so that you can get access to everything you want. Follow these guides:
- Visit the Roblox account creation page using your PC/Laptop.
- Click on the Sign-Up button from the top right corner.
- Fill in some of the required personal details Date of Birth, Username, Password, Gender, etc.
- Once you insert all the details, click on the Sign-Up button.
- Now, just sign in to the newly created Roblox account and enjoy it.
Allow “Content from other people” on a child account
If you encounter this error because you are using a Child account, maybe the Parent account block content that’s created by other people. In this case, you can avoid this problem by getting access to the privacy settings of your Child account from your Parent account and allowing the “See content other people make” features. After doing this, you will be able to join the game you want without facing the 103 error code. Follow these guides:
- Sign in to your Xbox console.
- Click on My games & apps from the dashboard.
- Choose Settings > go to the Family tab.
- Pick the Child account that you’re facing the issue.
- Choose Custom under the Privacy Settings.
- Then go to the “See content other people make”.
- Choose Allow and save changes.
- Simply restart your Xbox console and the issue should have been fixed now.
Forward the Ports
If you cannot fix the issue by the method I mentioned before, maybe you are having a problem with a port forwarding. Remember that Roblox is a multiplayer-based game that needs you to open your NAT (Network Address Translation).
Every game that takes advantage of the exchange of data between players uses certain ports that require to be opened so that you can play online. Most router models nowadays will forward ports automatically, but if you’ve already adjusted something to your router, the feature that supports to open NAT (Universal Plug and Play) is probably disabled. Follow these guides:
- If you’re using the Wi-Fi, then go to the router login page.
- Enter into the router homepage and go to UPnP in your router settings (NAT Forwarding).
- Turn it on and save changes.